Friday, June 24, 2005

 

Introduction

The other day, I received an interesting and simple email fm my Philips broker regarding Warren Buffetts Investment Strategy. That simple strategy statement kind of woke me up to the fact that even tho' I had been practising a similar strategy, I'd not been structured enough. Although I do my research and read up on all the news on any particular stock before I make any investment decision, the data may be scattered all over the place. Over time, I tend to forget some of the info I've read or I can't even locate the info at all. This is where I think a blog comes in useful.

In this blog, you will not see a lot of new posts, but rather, I'll be continuously changing the contents of the posts to reflect current market data. To start off, I'll be re-evaluating my current holdings to look into the fundamentals using the methods described by Warren Buffett. Along the way, I'll restructure my portfolio to focus on different categories of stocks, such as High Dividend Yield, REITs, Potential Growth, etc. This is expected to be a dynamic process.

I don't really expect to find any local listed co. that'll meet all the criteria listed by Warren Buffett. Even Warren Buffett can't find any new cos. to invest in US (which is a much larger mkt) to add to his list of investments. Thus, meeting most of the criteria would suffice and our definition of 'good' may be way below his definition :D

You can read about Warren Buffett's methodology here.

I also participate in 2 other blogs,
  1. Bullrun - A team blog with David and TC. We post the latest news and comments on stocks/IPOs that are of interest to us. Some analysts' stocks recommendations are also posted here.
  2. Talkstock - The first blog that I started but has now been relegated to postings of my stocks transactions and weekly summary.

Comments are most welcome as it helps us to see things from a different perspective, but do keep it related to the posts :D


Caution : As I'm not a trained professional in this area of expertise, you'll only see a simple and amatuerish effort at stocks analysis. This blog is meant more as a basis for my own investment decisions. Do not rely on my figures blindly and please do your own detailed homework before you make any decision.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home