Friday, August 18, 2006

 

Last Post

This will be my last post for this blog. I have in fact not posted since Oct-05, although I did some small subsequent updates for existing posts. The main reason is that this blog has outlived its usefulness and I have moved on to other blogs (private ones) and forum which better cater to my current needs as an investor. To recap my past one year's development as an investor, I'd like to share my following experience,

  1. Being More Structured and Focussed - During my previous 10 years plus of investing, I'd buy/sell shares based on what I'd read and more on intuition, based on recollections and stringing together of such data. Although I have a good collection of Analysts' Reports and I know where to access extra stocks information from SGX and individual companies' websites, what I lack is a more structured and focussed approach which is less time-consuming. This is where this blog had been most useful. Past year results were compiled and analysed for easy comparison and trend spotting. Analysts' Reports were also summarised and compiled in the blog. So, in one quick stroke, I can have a good 'helicopter' view of the stock of interest.
  2. Enhanced Decision-Making - In the blog, I'd have some analysis of the financial data of interest. In addition, I'd also penned in some of my own thoughts and probable action plan, which is useful, when I come back a few weeks or months later and am able to trace back my reasons for buying/selling a stock. In this way, the blog had enhanced and reinforced my decision making process. Now, I'd be able to provide stronger reasons for a buy/sell decision.

Moving on, I am now using spread-sheets to compile the financial data for my stocks of interest. For a quick view on the latest and past info, I'm using a forum approach, which provides better readibilty than a blog. I also continue to maintain a private blog to log in my buy/sell transactions, with some simple comments on the reasons for such actions.

I hope this blog had been as useful to the few of you who'd stumbled on it and I thank you for visiting! :D


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home